Oct 29, 2020

Blown Gasket

 Well I thought I would post some more pics. I hope these are available if people search for military pics. I think I will google search them myself after I post this. 😉  So I have been asking around and I'm thinking my grandfather was in the 1st army. Makes sense from the patches I have...I think. So many different companies, battalions, groups, corps, units...it goes on and on! It can be so much sometimes it feels like my brain is in overdrive and about to blow a gasket!! Here is what I know...he was in the Third signal corps in the Washington Guard. from there...I don't know what was next but I have an Amphibious Assault Landing(?) patch.  I have a patch of the Sixth Army had one of the X corps but I do believe that was his brothers. I do have a crap load of his papers that I requested from NARA or wherever it was. The only thing is, it doesn't really tell me what unit he was in for the wars. Ughh...so I go off the clues that I gathered from those papers. Like the unit he was in before he left over seas for war...but that didn't help me. I just hope one day I'll get somebody to see my post and offer to help! Lol..wishful thinking right!? Well here are some more pics. Enjoy!











No comments:

Post a Comment